CoopZone is a network of people and organizations which help others to start and develop co-operatives. The CoopZone Developers’ Network Co-operative has been incorporated since mid-2009.
The CoopZone Board is made up of the following members:
Pascal Billard (President – Quebec),
Jill Kelly (Treasurer – BC),
Directors: Joy Emmanuel (At-Large), Peter Hough (Atlantic), Peter Cameron (Ontario), Billy Granger (Manitoba), Mary Childs (Legal Network – BC).
CoopZone Board Policy
Objective: to ensure that the number of directors will be sufficient to represent the membership effectively, represent the diversity of members, and make effective decisions.
Policy – The board of directors will consist of 8 directors.
CoopZone Board Composition Policy
Objective: to ensure the board of directors represents the diversity of the CoopZone Membership.
For the purposed of this policy, 5 regions have been identified:
- BC and Yukon
- Prairies and NWT and Nunavut
- Atlantic Canada
In addition to the 5 regional directors, there will be 2 at-large directors, and (added in 2017) 1 Legal Network member.
Board selection criteria:
Each region shall have a minimum of 1 director on the board and no region may have more than 3 directors.
The following are targets:
- There shall be a minimum of 2 francophone directors on the board.
- There shall be a minimum of 2 Anglophone directors on the board.
- There shall be a minimum of 3 bilingual directors.
- There shall be a minimum of 4 directors who are active developers.
- There shall be 1 director who is a Professional Service Provider member.
- There shall be a target of 1 director who is an associate member.
- CoopZone is managed by the Conseil de la coopération de l’Ontario’s team of professionals. For more information, please contact Julien Geremie, Executive Director at 613-745-8619 ext. 6610 or 416-364-4545.
Please see below for the background documents for the 2017 AGM. (Now complete.)
2) Language Guidelines 20175) Agenda CZ AGM 9-2017 fnl 6) Minutes CZ AGM 9-2016 draft_fnl 7) Voting Procedure2017 8) CoopZone Board-Staff Report_sept2017 9) CZLN Report to the CoopZone 2017 AGM 10b) Comparative Balance Sheet March 2017.xls 11) CoopZone Training Program – Sept 2017_fnl 12) Auditor Resolution 2017 14) Work plan 2017-18_fnl_clean 14b) CoopZone Strategic Plan 2017_short_fnl 15) Budget 2017-18 16) Board Election and Candidate Biographies 201717) EN CoopZone Day Nov. 2017_20092017v817) FR CoopZone Day Nov. 2017_20092017v8 10a) Comparative Income Statement March 31 2017 Sept 7 fnl2
Please see attached below for all the background documents from the AGM in 2016.
2-language-guidelines-2016 5-agenda-cz-agm-9-2016_fnl 6-minutes-cz-agm-9-2015 7-voting-procedure2016 8-coopzone-board-staff-report_sept2016 9-czln-report-to-the-coopzone-2016-agm 9-czln-report-to-the-coopzone-2016-agm 10a-cz-comparative-balance_5aug_2016_fnl 10b-cz-comparative-income_5aug2016-fnl 12-auditor-resolution-2016 14-work-plan-2016-17_fnl 15-budget-2016-17_fnl 16-board-election-and-candidate-biographies17) EN CoopZone Day Nov. 2017_20092017v8 17) FR CoopZone Day Nov. 2017_20092017v8
Please see attached below for all the background documents from the 2015 AGM.
CZLN Report to the CoopZone 2015 AGMv CZ AGM 9-2014 minutes_draft-fnlBudget 2015-16 fnlCoopZone Board-Staff Report_sept2015 CZ Income Statement 2015 YE_fnl_w_comparisons CZ YE Balance Sheet_fnl Minutes CZ AGM 9-2015 DRAFTV2 Work plan 2015-16_fnl
Background Documents from 2014 are below:
140423 Budget 2014-15 Draft V2 140331 CZone Income Statement_variance_fnl 140331 Balance Sheet (comparative) – CZone Work plan 2014-15_fnl CZ AGM Minutes 9-2013_draft_fnl CoopZone Board-Staff Report_sept2014
Background documents from 2013 are below: