A telelearning call with approaches and tools for assessing groups.
The attachment below is a summary transcript of the session.
- Approaches & Tools for Assessing Groups
- RC: This is a huge topic, encompassing group dynamics and inter-personal relationships. First, I would like to get a sense of people’s expectations / hopes for this call.
- PD: I would like to learn about tools that you use to do assessments of groups.
- PH: The issues sent out with the invitation were:
- Some issues to be explored:
- Identifying leadership – formal and informal
- Are there shared goals?
- Evaluating expectations – are they shared and realistic?
- Determining level of initial commitment
- How well do the potential members know one another?
- Does this meet people’s expectations?
- AR: I would like to explore more how to build groups & not just measure them.
- BF: My approach was to focus on initial stages, in each of the 3 stages of groups that approach us:
- groups of residents
- transitional groups
- non-profits, which want to either assist their clients launching a co-op, or do revenue generation themselves.
- Also looking at it thru various lenses, including human resources & financial resources.
…Continued in attachment.