The CoopZone Legal Network is a Canadian network of people and organizations dedicated to providing legal services and information to co-operatives and to entrepreneurs who are considering starting a co-op. You can find legal resources here. Near the end of this page, you will find a brochure about the CoopZone Legal Network.
Membership is open to all interested professionals in these categories:
- Professors of law and related subjects who cover legal topics,
- Law students, and
- Staff of Public Legal Education & Information associations, Law Foundations, Law Societies, and the Canadian Bar Association.
Members in private practice are listed here, where other members including corporate counsel at co-operative organizations and public legal education associations are listed here. There is also a web site for co-op lawyers internationally, here: https://iuscooperativum.org/sample-page/ It states, “IUS Cooperativum is the first website to facilitate the sharing of information, opinions and data about cooperative law.”
Join the Legal Network:
Anyone in one of the above categories can be accepted into the CoopZone Legal Network as a Professional Service Provider member. To apply, please download and complete the application form at the end of this page.
- Individuals: $200 / year
- 1st member: $200 / year
- Next 2-3 members: $100 / year (each)
- Next 4-12 members: $50 / year (each)
Those who join in the second half of the CoopZone financial year (year-end is March 31st) pay 1/2 the dues in the year that they join. The maximum dues level per organization is $1,000 / year.
Steering Committee members
The Legal Network is governed by a Steering Committee, made up of the following members:
- David Daughton (CoopZone Board Past President, Charlottetown)
- Hazel Corcoran (CoopZone Executive Director, Calgary)
- George Brown (Lawyer, Ottawa)
- Lauren Blumas (Lawyer, Toronto)
- Mary Childs (Lawyer, Vancouver)
The Steering Committee welcomes new members.
If interested, please contact Hazel Corcoran, firstname.lastname@example.org, or David Daughton, email@example.com